Re: Possible bug in qla2xxx rev. 8.00.02

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Frank Borich wrote:

> I have a controller with a firmware bug that mishandles
> underrun situations for inquiry commands. It correctly
> sets the FCP_RESID_UNDER flag however it miscalculates
> the FCP_RESID count.  The 7.05.00 Qlogic driver for 2.4.x
> kernels thinks frame(s) were lost and retries the command
> 20 times with no success:
>

>  if (!(scsi_status & SS_RESIDUAL_UNDER)) {
>                                         ha->dropped_frame_error_cnt++;
>                                         CMD_RESULT(cp) = DID_BUS_BUSY <<
> 16;
>                                         DEBUG2(printk(KERN_INFO
> "scsi(%ld): Dropped "
>                                                 "frame(s) detected (%x
> of %x "
>                                                 "bytes)...retrying
> command.\n",
>                                                 ha->host_no,
>                                                 resid,
>                                                 CMD_XFRLEN(cp));)
>                                         break;
>                                 }

Interesting, could you submit a support a problem report here:

	http://connection.qlogic.com/support/report/index.asp?id=csg

this will insure, this gets routed through the proper channels.

7.05.00 uses an older 23xx firmware.

Might be best if we had a FC trace as well, I'm sure the FW folks will
be interested to see what's comming back on the wire.

> Just wondering why the 8.00.02 driver for 2.6.x kernels did not
> detect this transport error ?

Did you enable the proper debug settings for this driver?  This driver
has the dropped-frame check as well...

IAC:  route this through tech-support.

--
av