RE: libata, SCSI and storage drivers

FYI -  There is currently a standards proposal in T11 for the
following scenario:

  c) FC HBA  <--------> FC fabric/loop <------>  SATA disk

In this case, the SAT layer could be in the FC HBA firmware or
in the FC driver (or whatever linux transport exists).  A demo for
this scenario was shown recently at SNW.

Also - I expect to see more and more implementations with the
SAS Expander tightly integrated to the SAS HBA/phys.

-- james s

-