RE: 5.x branch mainline kernel push in two weeks?

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 11:29 -0700, Duane Grigsby wrote:
> No, that's not true; we are TOTALLY committed to getting all of our
> drivers in the upstream kernel. I have been working on the ISCSI driver
> cleanup to the level of our Fibre Channel driver as Andrew has done. I'm
> making it conform to the current linux-scsi API, ISCSI transport, and
> stripping out all of the failover baggage. My goal is the have something
> upstream in 2 - 3 weeks, if not before.

But don't you think it is better to have integrated solution for all
iSCSI transports including QLogic's HBA and have unified user-space set
of tools? How about collaborate on this issue and come up with somewhat
generic which will fit with ongoing efforts we have today:

1) iSCSI/TCP
2) your QLogic's HBA
3) iSER/IB

I think those three projects combined could come up with generic iSCSI
solution(including user-space tools and API) which will really fit for
everyone else on the planet.

It would be really nice if you would participate in ongoing interface
discussion on next mailing lists:

1) linux-iscsi-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2) open-iscsi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3) iscsitarget-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx