Re: SYM8xx_2 driver ignores certain EEPROM settings

Hi Matthew!

I see ... so there is an alternate method for the kernel to find its system
volume by not using the dynamically built /dev/sdX names? I'll dig into that,
thanks for the pointer!

Back to the original topic ... do you have any news with regard to putting the
code back into the sym8xx driver that reads the user configured
channel/device negotiation settings (transfer speed and width limits,
timeouts, disconnect, etc. etc.) from the EEPROM? This is really causing
headaches here with those setups that use external devices, slightly buggy
devices, long cables and similar stuff where the auto-detected defaults
aren't working.

Many thanks!

regards,
Peter