Re: Regression: CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST must now be defined in exynos_defconfig

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 01:19:12PM +0000, Robie Basak wrote:
> Kukjin/Krzysztof,
>
> Nikolay's commit dcd87999d ("igmp: net: Move igmp namespace init to
> correct file") regressed exynos_defconfig for me. In userspace (Ubuntu
> 14.04), I used libnss-mdns with v4.2(.x), but this commit stopped me
> from being able to resolve local names (eg. "foo.local") published using
> mDNS from elsewhere on the network in v4.9.
>
> It looks like the commit adds extra conditional code based on
> CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST. It turned out that exynos_defconfig doesn't have
> CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST defined. Defining it solved my problem.
>
> I'm using a Samsung ARM Chromebook.
>
> I can define CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST myself easily enough, but shouldn't
> this be defined in exynos_defconfig anyway?

(from my correct email address)

Hi Robie,

I don't have any objections against enabling IP_MULTICAST in
exynos_defconfig. It seems indeed essential.

You are more than welcomed to send a patch for this.

If you don't want to do that, I can prepare one with your "Reported-by"
credits.

Best regards,
Krzysztof