Re: Odroid U2 Kernel 4.7rc7+ Hang on reboot

I can provide more information, i've been battling with this for a long time.
Tried on U3 and U3+ with similar results:

1) samsung tizen 4.1 kernel reboots OK.

2) i tried 4.4, 4.6, 4.7 (from Tobias's repository) all have the reboot issue.
i've put some printk in the syscon reboot. it looks like it gets registered,
but i never saw the printk put in the actual notifier function.

3) the issue is the same for emmc and sd-card, i've tried both

4) IT'S VERY RANDOM

* i've got sysrq rebooting OK, i've got sysrq ending in a kernel crash
(like Nicolas above)
* I've got rebooting working ok sometimes, but only from tty1 console or
sometimes ssh - NEVER from ttySAC1 serial console.
rebooting from serial console always resulted in hang after systemd stops.
* after switching from emmc to sd-card, there are always problems.
i had sd-card rebooting ok (from tty1) for a few hours, then after i put in
an emmc card => hell broke loose. putting sd-card back => still had issues,
although sd was fine before.
* many times, after reboot hang or switching from emmc to sd
or the other way around => kernel would crash on boot for a few times.

I reverted the SYSCON driver changes, and went back to the reboot code
in the exynos pmu.c file like 4.1 kernel => got the same issues.

I thought it's a systemd issue (after seeing echo b > /proc/sysrq-trigger
working ok) and tried the kernel on a ubuntu 14.04 image (with upstart)
=> got the same issues.

I think it might be u-boot.

PS: please keep me in the CC from here on as well.