Re: Slow performance of Odroid XU4 - cpufreq-dt patch needed?

Hi Krzysztof,

> Where there is no cpufreq driver, everything depends on the
> bootloader. Usually the bootloader sets the initial value of clocks
> and regulators. It shouldn't be the lowest value, though.

Right. The u-bloat in use is the pretty old one provided by hk (modified
u-boot-2012 IIRC), so that may explain unsuitable initial clock values.
Compiled a recent u-boot-2015.10 and also one from trunk, but it's image
size exceeds the hardcoded offsets within the signed firmware bootloader
from hk required to load u-boot.
Had also no success with another hk firmware bootloader I found which
could boot >500K u-boot images. It's a mess on this board (compared to
panda/beagle[bone]s).

Since I haven't got a 1.8v ttl uart cable with that rare connector,
debugging/analyzing bootloader or early kernel issues such as cpu init
or modifying the kconfig is pretty hard.

> There was a patch from Anand Moon ("ARM: dts: use vmmc-supply of
> emmc/sd for exynos5422-odroidxu3") but it did not reach the level of
> acceptance for merging. It would be nice to continue that work.

I saw that and hoped he'd repost an improved version based on your
comments. I'm new to this list so I will not try to bother you by
submitting patches (yet ;-).

Cheers,
Vasco