Re: CPUIdle for Exynos5422 Odroid-XU3/XU4 boards.

On 21.08.2015 12:41, Anand Moon wrote:
> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> On 21 August 2015 at 06:25, Krzysztof Kozlowski <k.kozlowski@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 21.08.2015 03:15, Anand Moon wrote:
>>> Hi Daniel,

>>> Thanks for the explanation.
>>>
>>> I was just referring following the source code.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/blob/odroidxu3-3.10.y/arch/arm/mach-exynos/cpuidle-exynos5422.c
>>>
>>> It seem that cpufreq and cpuidle go hand in hand.
>>
>> Bartlomiej was working on cpufreq for Exynos542x:
>> http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1504.2/03139.html
>>
>> It would be nice to have also cpuidle and suspend features working on
>> Exynos542x family but this depends on firmware. Some time ago I
>> struggled with suspend on Arndale Octa (Exynos5420) and I failed. I
>> think the firmware is the issue here.
>>
>> Actually I am not sure what is your question Anand. You are asking if
>> someone plans to do this?
>
> Yes I am asking are their plans to implement cpufreq and cpuidle simultaneously.

There are no obstacles for implementing them simultaneously so the
question is rather who plans to do the cpuidle driver for Exynos542x? I
don't... at least in nearby future. If I had some spare time then
probably I would try to make suspend working.

Best regards,
Krzysztof