Re: [RFC] ARM: exynos: MCPM: [is this a] fix for secondary boot on 5422?

On 06/15/2015 01:19 PM, Amit Kucheria wrote:
On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:49 PM, Przemyslaw Marczak
Hello Krzysztof,

On 06/14/2015 10:56 AM, Krzysztof Kozłowski wrote:

<snip>

I'm trying port the hardkernel's SPL to the mainline U-Boot at present. The
mainline SPL is implemented for E5420 and E5800. But there are few
differences:
- different DRAM
- different clocks
- different boot core (peach-pi boots from A15)
- bl2 signature
- hdk's SPL uses smc calls
... and some more.

This is really good news! Would this work leave CCI control to Linux
so that we may use MCPM to manage cpu and cluster OFF?

Yes, I would like to get this stuff working.

The BL1 keeps signature key and some part of code, but it's code is
proprietary - but we should be able to setup the secondary cores in BL2.

When, I get the basic setup working, then I'm going to focus on the
secondary CPU's init. I don't have the documentation for iROM code, so
everything takes a while.

  If you looking for the lowlevel code, which is executed after wakeup,
please check this :
https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/blob/odroidxu3-v2012.07/board/samsung/smdk5422/lowlevel_init.S

The 'lowlevel_init' label is always executed on boot.

Best regards,
--
Przemyslaw Marczak
Samsung R&D Institute Poland