screen blank causing lockup in exynos-reference/exynos5-v3.18-rc2

As I'm hunting around trying to figure out how to make exynos-drm work
with v3.18 or linux-next, I noticed there was an exynos5-v3.18-rc2
branch in the exynos-reference tree[1], so I gave that a spin on my
exynos5800-peach-pi.

It seemed to work OK, but I noticed that as soon as the screen blanked
after timeout, typing on the serial console would still work, but any
typing on the keyboard caused a silent lockup, with no output on the
serial console.

I was able to easily reproduce this by doing

  # echo 3 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank

on the serial console, verifying I could still type on the serial
console. Then, touch any key on the physical keyboard and then I can
no longer type on the serial console, ping the target, etc.

Kevin

[1] https://github.com/exynos-reference/kernel.git