nv u-boot for spring (was: building nv-uboot for nyan-big.)

Dear Stephan,

Am 03.11.2014 um 11:42 schrieb S.J.R. van Schaik:
> [...] I have done some research to figure out how to build
> a working nv u-boot binary, and working instructions can be found on the
> linux-exynos wiki [1]. However, when I tried to apply them to the snow
> and spring boards, by selecting a different branch and a different
> u-boot configuration, those attempts were of no success. [...]
[...]
> The u-boot.bin binary seems to build fine. However, the problem is similar
> to the snow and spring boards, where I can't seem to build the DTB-files.

You didn't ask me. ;) My Spring branch with patches is located here:
https://github.com/afaerber/u-boot/commits/spring

For my convenience I changed the sources to default to the right device
tree, and I manually inlined exynos-periph-id.dtsi.

If you need further info on my build steps, I can look them up in my
scripts (on another machine) - I mainly derived them from the official
instructions for Snow on the Chromium Wiki. I'm pretty sure I did not
mess with the EC firmware at all.

But whatever workarounds exist, the Chromium folks should really be
working on upstreaming U-Boot support for all those Chromebooks, that
usually sanitizes the build process as a side-effect, resulting in less
user questions. :) For Snow I believe that to be done.

Regards,
Andreas