Re: PWM on Hardkernel ODROID-XU board

Hi Daniel,

On 05.08.2014 22:48, Gachet Daniel wrote:
> Hi Thomasz,
>
> I’m currently trying to use the Hardkernel ODROID-XU board under Linux version 3.14 (hard kernel sources “odroid-3.14.y-linaro”.
> I’m almost happy with that version, but I still have a problem by migrating the “odroidxu_fan.c” module from the 3.4 version.
> I can register to the samsung pwm module (pam_request).
>
> Could you tell me what are the right entry for the flattened device tree for this board ?

Unfortunately I don't know too much about this board or hardkernel
sources. I mostly work with mainline kernel.

In general, you probably need a node for the PWM block of the SoC and a
node for the PWM fan, but I don't have any details for you at the moment.

I'd say you should have posted this to linux-samsung-soc mailing list
for bigger chance of getting more information. For your convenience, I'm
adding them and several people that might be able to give some input on
this.

By the way, you might be interested in pwm-fan driver recently merged
for Linux 3.17: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/7/16/426 .

Best regards,
Tomasz