Re: linux-next on Chromebook2: DRM failing to allocate

Rahul Sharma <rahul.sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 11 June 2014 03:48, Kevin Hilman <khilman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Ajay,
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Ajay kumar <ajaynumb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Not only the DT patches, but few patches are missing to support the
>>> panel present on peach-pi.
>>> You should also take the following patches to be able to get the
>>> display up on peach-pi:
>>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-samsung-soc/msg32122.html
>>
>> Excellent, thanks for the pointer to those patches.  I'll have a look.
>>
>> Can you confirm that this should work even when chain-loading
>> nv_uboot?  It appears u-boot is powering down the panel.
>
> If u-boot is powering down the panel, you also need EC and Tps DT
> patches to get regulators up in kernel. Those are not posted yet. I will
> send these patches to you.

I tested the patches you sent on top of next-2014060 but I'm still not
seeing tux on the framebuffer.  I do see the backlight turn off and back
on twice during the boot, but nothing else interesting on the display.

I've configured the kernel using the chromeos configs provided:

  ./chromeos/scripts/prepareconfig chromeos-exynos5

And then I append the some kconfig fragments[1] to enable DT append, and
enable the serial port.

>From the kernel messages, it appears that everything is working ok, but
I don't see anything on the display yet.  Attached is the .config used
and the boot log with drm.drm_debug=0xff.

Kevin

[1]
CONFIG_OF=y
CONFIG_PROC_DEVICETREE=y
CONFIG_ARM_APPENDED_DTB=y
CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_SAMSUNG=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_SAMSUNG_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_MALI_T6XX=n

[Index of Archives]     [Linux SoC Development]     [Linux Rockchip Development]     [Linux USB Development]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite News]