Re: State of pinctrl and exynos5250?

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Thomas Abraham
<thomas.abraham@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I am currently held up with supporting default pin states at slot
> level. One option that could be considered is to list out the default
> pin states for all slots in the parent node of the slots. So it would
> be something like below as an example.
>
>         dwmmc2@12220000 {
>                <....>
>
>                 pinctrl-names = "slot0-default", "slot1-default";
>                 pinctrl-0 = <&sd2_clk &sd2_cmd &sd2_cd &sd2_bus4>;
>                 pinctrl-1 = <&sd2_clk &sd2_cmd &sd2_cd &sd2_bus4 &sd2_bus8>;
>
>                 slot@0 {
>                         reg = <0>;
>                         bus-width = <4>;
>                         disable-wp;
>                 };
>
>                 slot@1 {
>                         reg = <0>;
>                         bus-width = <8>;
>                         disable-wp;
>                 };
>         };

I don't quite understand the above. Is it such that there is one device,
with two slots, and in the device model you have represented this
two-slot device with a single struct device?

Have you considered just registering one device for each slot?

That would make things quite a lot simpler, just a single pinctrl
handle per device, right?

You need to pass this by Stephen Warren, I think he had a similar
case in the Tegra.

Yours,
Linus Walleij