Re: MFC Encode on S5PV210 hangs

On 09.09.2012 21:21, Mike Dyer wrote:
Hi All,

I'm trying to use the MFC encoder to generate an H264 bitstream using
the V4L2 interface.  I've tried using my own application, and also the
example encode application here:
git://git.infradead.org/users/kmpark/public-apps

Both exhibit the same behavior.  Input frames are queued up until the
input queue is full, but only one frame is emitted (which I guess is the
H264 header).  The encoder then just sits there.

I'm not sure where to start looking, so any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Please test with enabled CMA(Device Drivers/Generic.../Contiguous Memory Allocator). I will test it further and update defconfig if necessary.

Please also apply latest published MFC patches(not yet in mainline), especially:
s5p-mfc: Fix second memory bank alignment
v4l/s5p-mfc: added support for end of stream handling in MFC encoder

Regards
Andrzej