Re: S3C64XX DSP support added

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Mark Brown
<broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 11:09:34AM +0900, jassisinghbrar@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> From: Jassi Brar <jassi.brar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> next coming are patches for review before I submit them mainline.
>> thanks.
>
> If nothing else these need a better name - the name suggests that
> they're a DSP when in fact they are actually implementing support for
> the PCM interface.

I saw that coming...
The codec drivers use the term DSP (DSP_A/DSP_B) for what our PCM
controller does.
I used 'DSP' for things related to ALSA and 'PCM' for h/w specific things.

> You might want to rename the existing PCM driver to DMA.
Could do that, but still 'PCM' is used at other places in the stack as well.
Would that be fine?