Re: Reaching official SMC maintainers

On 04.03.24 11:31, Dmitry Antipov wrote:
Jakub,

could you please check whether an official maintainers of net/smc are
actually active? I'm interesting just because there was no feedback on
[1]. After all, it's still a kernel memory leak, and IMO should not be
silently ignored by the maintainers (if any).

Thanks,
Dmitry

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20240221051608.43241-1-dmantipov@xxxxxxxxx/

Hi Dmitry,

I'm on the way to answering you. I understand your worry and appreciate your sugguestion on the improvement. Since I'm not the original author, either, I also need to undestand what was the original intention. i.e. Why should the fasync_list of the smc socket be handed over to the clc socket? Is there a way to deal with the list prior to the fallback?

AIU, the syzbot's reports on whichever the original fixed or your last patch fixed are about the same issue. And both of the fixes seem not to solve the problem. Instead of patches on patches, I'd prefer to find the root problem and solve it.

Thus, to the proposed patches from you guys (and back to the question at the beginning), if the fasyn_list should be handed over, I like the Wen Gu's patch more. Otherwise, I'd like yours more, but as you already underlied, it should be done in some other way

Thanks,
Wenjia

[Index of Archives]     [Kernel Development]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Info]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Linux Media]     [Device Mapper]