Re: S390 testing for IOMMUFD

On Tue, 2022-11-08 at 15:34 -0400, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 10:29:33AM -0500, Eric Farman wrote:

> > > Oh, yes, that makes alot of sense.
> > >
> > > Ah, if that is how VFIO worked we could match it like below:
> >
> > That's a start. The pin appears to have worked, but the unpin fails
> > at
> > the bottom of iommufd_access_unpin_pages:
> >
> > WARN_ON(!iopt_area_contig_done(&iter));
>
> This seems like a different bug, probably a ccw driver bug. The
> WARN_ON is designed to detect cases where the driver is unpinning an
> IOVA range that is not exactly what it pinned. The pin side already
> does this validation, so if it fails it means pin/unpin did not have
> identical iova ranges. Some debugging prints should confirm this.
>
> I looked at CCW and came up with the following two things, can you
> look at them and finish them off? It will probably help.

I happen to already have patch 1 in a series I've been working on in
parallel with the private/parent split. I haven't forgotten it. :)

Patch 2 doesn't address the above symptoms, but a lot of that code is
getting reworked by the aforementioned series so I didn't spend a lot
of time studying your suggestion. And as I type this I see you just
sent a new patch, let me go try that...

[Index of Archives]     [Kernel Development]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Info]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Linux Media]     [Device Mapper]