can we kill the internal blkdev_get in the dasd driver now?

Hi DASD maintainers,

I've recently changed the life time rules for struct block_device so
that is is a long-living instead of an ephemeral structure, that is the
whole device block_device exists from the time the disk is alloced until
it is feed, and the partitions exist from as soon as they are scanned.

With this the blkdev_get in the DASD driver should not be required, but
there seems to be a lot of magic that accounts of it in the open count.

Any chance one of you maintainers could try to remove it to further
simplify our open and liftetime rules?

[Index of Archives]     [Kernel Development]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Info]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Linux Media]     [Device Mapper]