Re: [RFC 1/1] s390/cio: Remove uevent-suppress from css driver

On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 12:53:41 +0100
Boris Fiuczynski <fiuczy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> I tend to agree, but the problem with vfio-ccw is that (currently) we
> >> don't have a ccw device in the host, because we pass-through the
> >> subchannel. When we interrogate the subchannel, we do learn if there
> >> is a device and if, what is its devno. If I were to run a system with
> >> vfio-ccw passthrough, I would want to passthrough the subchannel that
> >> talks to the DASD (identified by devno) I need passed through to my
> >> guest.
> > I think that can be solved by simply adding the devno as a variable to
> > the uevent (valid if it's an I/O subchannel; we don't register the
> > subchannel in the first place if dnv is not set.)
> >
> Providing the devno in the context of the udev event certainly helps if
> the event consumer would base its actions on it.
> As far as I understand the driver_override mechanics driverctl sets the
> override based on a specified device. In that case the devno would not
> be looked at and the subchannel would end up with a vfio-ccw driver even
> so the ccw device might not be the one we want to use as pass-through
> device.

Hm, maybe we need to make a change in driverctl that allows per-bus
custom rules?

[Index of Archives]     [Kernel Development]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Info]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Linux Media]     [Device Mapper]