Re: [RFC v1 2/2] vfio-ccw: Don't exit early if state of the vfio-ccw subchannel is not idle

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 10:19:29 -0500
Farhan Ali <alifm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I would also like to see the error codes, which are:
> > * obviously a substantial part of the interface, and need to be mapped
> >    to channel IO conditions, and thus
> > * beyond usual file IO stuff (i.e. man 3 write won't give you the right
> >    explanation for the error codes
> > properly documented. @Farhan: Would you like to tackle this one?
> >

> Are you suggesting documenting the mapping of the error codes in the
> vfio-ccw doc? I could do that, but I fear the doc wouldn't be updated as
> often.

The other option would be the uapi header file. We talk about an uapi
interface, which I hope we don't want to change/extend too often. Thus
my hope is that the documentation of the error codes won't need any
updating.

@Connie do you have an opinion?

Regards,
Halil

[Index of Archives]     [Kernel Development]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Info]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Linux Media]     [Device Mapper]