Re: [RFC/PATCH v2 00/22] KVM/s390: Hugetlbfs enablement

On 20.12.2017 13:23, Christian Borntraeger wrote:
> FWIW, this patch set has survived some testing on my side (with storage
> keys, with VSIE, with both), so I would say that after a respin with some
> patch sqashing we give it some more days for the last reviews and then apply
> the whole thing via a topic branch via Martins s390 tree. I will merge
> this branch as well to solve the potential conflicts with
> Davids patch ( s390x/mm: cleanup gmap_pte_op_walk() ) which is still
> pending in my tree

"postcopy works every second try, seems to be QEMU or my setup".
Shouldn't we first understand why? gmap is a very sensible topic and we
should rather spend more time understanding everything. We don't want
guest escalation bugs.

I'd love to spend more time reviewing this, but it won't happen within
the next 2 weeks (Christmas holidays)

Thanks!

Thanks,

David / dhildenb