Re: fsck during system boot fails with separate /boot partition

linux-s390-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 08.10.2007 14:25:25:
> I got exactly the same fsck error during boot and I'm fairly sure there
are
> no configuration errors as I checked several times both during and after

> the installation.
> - /etc/fstab is correct
> - except for the fsck failure, the system boots correctly
> - if <pass> in /etc/fstab is set to 0 for /boot, the system boots
without
>   any problems

This might indicate a timing problem - the init script tries to mount a
DASD that has not yet been fully initialized by the kernel (the return
code -EBUSY that triggers the "already mounted" message may indicate
different problems). Try to add a sleep 5 into the init script just before
the mount command that fails to check if this is the case.

Regards,
  Peter

--
Peter Oberparleiter