RE: [Query]: Resource cleanup for Alarmtimer

HI all,

I will send a patch to fix this issue soon. We will discuss
this topic there.

Cheers,
Biju

> Subject: [Query]: Resource cleanup for Alarmtimer
>
> Hi All,
>
> Currently unbind/bind is not working as expected on rtc-isl1208 driver. The
> reason is put_device() is not calling rtc_device_release() as some of the
> kobjects are not freed during unbind.
>
> The commit 	c79108bd19a8 "alarmtimer: Make alarmtimer platform device
> child of RTC device" adds kobjects for alarmtimer device/sysfs, when we
> call device_init_wakeup() followed by devm_rtc_register_device()from the
> end point driver during probe().
> But these kobjects are never freed when we do unbind on the endpoint
> driver.
>
> The alarm timer device has alarmtimer_rtc_add_device() but it does not have
> remove_device() callbacks to free kbjects.
>
> Q1) Has anyone tested unbind/rebind on RTC subsystem with
> device_init_wakeup() followed by devm_rtc_register_device() in the probe?
>
> Cheers,
> Biju

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]