Re: remove arch/sh

Hi Steve!

On Mon, 2023-02-06 at 10:08 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 09:30:37 +0100 Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 03, 2023 at 09:24:46AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> > > Since this is my very first time stepping up as a kernel maintainer, I was hoping
> > > to get some pointers on what to do to make this happen.
> > >
> > > So far, we have set up a new kernel tree and I have set up a local development and
> > > test environment for SH kernels using my SH7785LCR board as the target platform.
> > >
> > > Do I just need to send a patch asking to change the corresponding entry in the
> > > MAINTAINERS file?
> >
> > I'm not sure a there is a document, but:
> >
> >  - add the MAINTAINERS change to your tree
> >  - ask Stephen to get your tree included in linux-next
>
> And by "Stephen", Christoph means me.  When you are ready, please send
> me a request to include your tree/branch in linux-next (usually the
> branch is called something like "for-next" or just "next") telling me
> the git URL, and the contacts I should send email to if there are
> conflicts/build issues with the branch.  I will then fetch the branch
> every time I create a new linux-next release (most work days), so all
> you need to do is update that branch each time you are ready to publish
> more commits.

I'm in the MAINTAINERS now in Linus' tree. I have requested a kernel.org
account now and will hopefully have my trees set up later this week.

I'll let you know about the URLs as soon as possible.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]