Re: remove arch/sh

Hi--

On 2/3/23 02:33, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 11:29 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
> <glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I'm not sure a there is a document, but:
>>>
>>>  - add the MAINTAINERS change to your tree
>>>  - ask Stephen to get your tree included in linux-next
>>>
>>> then eventually send a pull request to Linus with all of that.  Make
>>> sure it's been in linux-next for a while.
>>
>> OK, thanks for the pointers! Will try to get this done by next week.
>>
>> We're still discussing among SuperH developer community whether there will be a second
>> maintainer, so please bear with us a few more days. I will collect patches in the
>> meantime.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> If you need any help with process, setup, ... don't hesitate to ask
> (on e.g. #renesas-soc on Libera).

While Adrian and Geert are reading this, I have a question:

Is this "sh64" still accurate and applicable? from Documentation/kbuild/kbuild.rst:

But some architectures such as x86 and sparc have aliases.

- x86: i386 for 32 bit, x86_64 for 64 bit
- sh: sh for 32 bit, sh64 for 64 bit <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
- sparc: sparc32 for 32 bit, sparc64 for 64 bit

Thanks.
--
~Randy

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]