abx80x: RV-1805 initialization order correct?

The driver has a block of RV-1805-specific code (under the comment
'Configure RV1805 specifics'), which is executed before the part
autodetection code (under the comment 'part autodetection').

If the driver is loaded with the 'generic' device data for abx80x, and
the actual part in use is an RV-1805, the part-specific code won't be
executed. I'm using this driver in a dynamic Device Tree environment,
and at the moment I can't specify the part as the driver is loaded
(although I could modify the overlay to support that if required).

So the question is: does the RV-1805 specific code *have* to be
executed before part autodetection in order to avoid the lockup
situation mentioned in the comments, or could it be moved immediately
after the autodetection so that it will be always be executed for an
RV-1805 part?

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]