Re: rtc rtc0: Timeout trying to get valid LPSRT Counter read

Hi Alexandre,

On 2/1/20, Alexandre Belloni <alexandre.belloni@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 31/01/2020 16:27:15+1100, JH wrote:
>> Hi Alexandre,

>> > The patch is adding the timeouts, without them, your kernel would be
>> > freezing. I'd say your issue is the 32k clock.
>>
>> Did you mean that is the issue of the hardware setup IMX6ULL for 32k
>> RTC_XTALI? That is nominal frequency 32.768 kHz for IMX6ULL EVK and
>> customized devices. Change to which frequency (64k?) can fix the
>> problem and remove the error message?
>>

> I can't help much more without seeing the schematics of your particular
> board. 32k is the correct frequency but are your sure it is going to the
> RTC? Are you sure you have power on VDD_SNVS_IN? Was there a security
> violation detected?

The XTALI and XTALO is connected to 24 MHz Y501 XTALI Oscillator, the
RTC_XTALI and RTC_XTALO is connected to Y502 32.768KHZ crystal. Don't
know about VDD_SNVS_IN,  The hardware was designed by an experienced
hardware engineers, I am not sure if they could make any silly
mistakes.

Thank you Alexandre,

Kind regards,

- jh

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]