Re: Infinite loop on edge cases

Hi Alexandre,
thank you for your comments.
Since failure behaviour is not specified in the Maxim datasheet, the
gracious way to handle this would be a retry counter, as that would
also solve the problem of a DS1307 that for some reason doesn't set
the CH bit (maybe an internal oscillator failure?). A similar erratic
behavior happened to me once, due to an unstable power supply to the
RTC.
IMHO, I think that a hardware failure and/or a problematic I2C driver
should not produce an infinite loop - be it fatal or not.
I already solved my boot issue with this patch, and I will ship it
with the devices I sell, but may I ask you what approach would you
recommend instead of hctosys? I tried looking online for solutions but
couldn't find an "official" one. I will gladly investigate better
approaches if available.

Thank you,
Best regards
Cristiano Griletti - Mastro Gippo

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]