Re: Armada RTC power up reset

Hi Baruch,

 On jeu., nov. 30 2017, Baruch Siach <baruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> As you know, the Armada 38x/8k RTC needs a reset sequence to be operational
> when first powered up. This reset code is currently in the vendor provided
> U-Boot RTC driver. But having to run 'date reset' from the U-Boot prompt every
> first boot (happens quite a lot when dealing with SOMs) is not nice. An
> automatic reset in the kernel driver would be much better.
>
> Rabeeh has mentioned to me that you had an idea how to detect at run time that
> the RTC is in first power up state. Do you recall the details?

Actually it was me who worked on the RTC but I didn't remember having a
way to detect that the RTC is in first power up state. I dig in the
datasheet, errata sheet and alos on varisou branches of the vendor tree
and didn't find anything.

Maybe a solution could be to reset the RTC when we set the time.

Gregory

--
Gregory Clement, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Sound]     [ALSA Users]     [ALSA Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Media]     [Kernel]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Media]