Re: [ANNOUNCE] v6.6-rt13

Hello Sebastian, hello John

On Wed, Nov 08, 2023 at 04:23:29PM +0100, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> Dear RT folks!
>
> I'm pleased to announce the v6.6-rt13 patch set.
>
> Changes since v6.6-rt12:
>
>   - Update to the printk series provided by John Ogness. Some of the
>     patches were merged during the merge window other are under review.
>     Here is a small changelog:
>     - warn and panic console output will interrupt the threaded printing
>       mid-line rather than waiting for the line to finish printing
>
>     - in panic, printing is now synchronous rather than first storing all
>       panic messages and then dumping to consoles
>
>     - printing kthreads will sleep, rather than busy-wait, while consoles
>       are in emergency or panic states
>
>     - atomic console printing will only print to the end of the emergency
>       messages, rather than flushing all remaining records
>
>     - apply various printk mainline fixes currently in review
>         https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20231106210730.115192-1-john.ogness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

During our weekly CI tests of rt-devel branch we noticed that commit
78f4b59c6faa ("printk: Update the printk series.") breaks booting on
multiple NXP i.MX platforms (arm and arm64), likely related to
drivers/tty/serial/imx.c.

We are not planning any additional investigation at the moment and
we have no debug outputs to share, just wanted to give you a head-up.

Francesco