Version Magic Mismatch for Kernel Module

Hi, I've patched the Linux Kernel v5.15.7 with rt23 and used
menuconfig to select the fully preemptable kernel.  The boot process
for two modules reports an unexpected version magic.  It reads the
following:

<module name>: version magic '<kernel version> SMP preempt mode_unload

This only happens for two modules, and I've built all the modules
under the same source tree with the same make command.  This warning
makes sense since I have indeed built and imaged my SOM with the
preempt kernel.  The command 'uname -v' returns, "SMP PREEMPT_RT
<date>".

Even though I've never built this source tree without the PREEMPT_RT
patch, I've done a clean build to remove any doubt about obsolete
object files.  Can offer a hint as to what I need to change to get
those modules to build with the correct version magic?

Thank you for any help,
Brian