Capacity Aware Scheduling

Hi,

I'm trying to better understand how Capacity Aware Scheduling works by artificially defining some cores with a lower per core FMax so as to simulate asymmetric topology.  My understanding is that the topology itself is either set by Device Tree or via ACPI / CPPC.  What I'm doing is selecting a subset of cores to have the true per core FMax and lowering the per core FMax on the other cores.

What is the best way to artificially change the topology so that the either CFS or say SCHED_DEADLINE make use of my artificial asymmetric topology?  I'm working in an ACPI / CPPC environment so not using Device Tree.

Thanks,

Sean

--
  Sean V Kelley