Re: [rt-tests v1 4/6] cyclictest: Mimik --smp behavior with --affinity

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 12:55:33AM -0500, John Kacur wrote:
> Well, --smp historically combined -a -t and threads at the same priority
> You could argue that it is reasonable for -a to automatically imply -t
> but I have had debates with people about this and we settled on -a just
> specifies the affinity, and the default number of threads is one unless
> you use -t.

My thinking is if you set an affinity mask, you want also to assign a
thread to the CPUs. If not what's the point to set an affinity mask
without a thread on it. Though the user is able to overwrite this
by providing the -t options along side the -a option.

> I'm not sure what you mean by this makes cyclictest behave the way the
> rest of rt-tests does, the rest of rt-tests should match what cyclitest
> does.

As I wrote, make cyclictest behave the same way as the to other tools
when -a/-t is used.

> That said, I did some quick runs of signaltest and -a seems broken,
> sigh.

Is it broken without my patches or with my patches? What is broken?