Re: [rt-tests v1 0/6] libnuma cleanups for cyclictest

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020, Daniel Wagner wrote:

> On 18.12.20 15:19, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> > As we have a hard dependency on libnuma we can simplify the code in
> > cyclictest. This allows remove all the small helpers in rt_numa.h. And
> > with this we can remove the header and reduce the confusion with
> > rt-numa.h
> >
> > While at it, I simplified the --smp vs --affinity vs --threads
> > logic. There is no need for additional variables to keep state. With
> > this we also make --affinity to behave as with the rest of
> > rt-tests. That is a plan -a will be the same as with -S. There is no
> > need for -S anymore but I think we should leave it in place for
> > backwards compatibility. I suspect, there must be a lot of muscle
> > memory out there :)
>
> I just realized there are some programs which need the same treatment. Wait
> for v2...

For the future, I'm okay with things evolving in steps, as long as what
you sent me works correctly, you can then add support to do the same kind of things
in other programs in the suite later, as long as it gets done and not
neglected.

Since you told me to wait this time though, I will wait for v2

John