Re: rt-tests v1.9 fails to compile on architectures that aren't x86_64, i386 or PPC64

On Thu, Oct 01, 2020 at 12:00:20PM -0700, Randy Witt wrote:
> > Another solution (as mentioned by John offlist) is we implement a common frc()
> > like fetching the time.  However since the __measure_cpu_hz() will always try
> > to calculate the cpu HZ, then the HZ could be confusing then.  Considering the
> > "read the processor clock" operation should still be the ideal implementation
> > for frc() (and I really doubt whether there'll be real need to run oslat on
> > other archs...), maybe we can use the simple way for now.
>
> Would you be willing to help me understand why it wouldn't be useful for
> other archs?

Sorry if I confused you... I never meant that. :)

I tried to dump that error message just to make sure when some other arch
wanted to run this program, then people will know what they need to do is
simply to implement the frc() function on that arch for oslat.c.  I just feel
like providing a common implementation for frc() could be slightly confusing
(as mentioned above, e.g. on hz information).  So maybe it's better to wait for
someone to implement that (I believe shouldn't be hard for a genuine RT user
anyways...).

Thanks,

--
Peter Xu