Re: Long latencies during disk-io

On 2019-09-13 14:09:22 [+0000], Martin.Wirth@xxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Sebastian
Hi Martin,

> I will try the request_threaded_irq(, NULL, vInterruptService, …) solution on
> Monday and report back. Since the driver also allows to poll several cards
> (which I don't use at the moment) I think it is not possible to switch to swait/swake...

If you support the ->poll callback then it is not that simple to use
swait. For tasks that block in ->read()/->write() you could use it, for
->poll() you need the threaded handler to handle poll().

> And the interrupt line may be shared and if I remember correctly in this case it is also
> not possible to use primary handlers, or am I wrong?

puh. So you need to specify IRQF_ONESHOT so that the IRQ-core disables
the interrupt line until the threaded handler finishes its work (a
detail I forgot to mention in the previous mail). You are not allowed to
mix the IRQF_ONESHOT flag with multiple handlers (either all should have
them or none). So I think in the force-threaded case you should be fine
but in the non-threaded case you would have trouble.

> Cheers,
> Martin

Sebastian