Re: sched_deadline sched_setattr fails after setting cpuset

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 at 02:54, Ming Yang <minos.future@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> I have a question about the admission test with cpuset.  Is the
> sched_deadline admission test examined with respect to the CPUs
> allowed in the cpuset?

Yes, in theory you should be able to use up to 95% (or whatever you
configured in /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt*) of the CPUs contained in the
cpuset.

I am pretty sure it worked correctly when I tested this, but it was a
lot of time ago...

> I get deterministic admission test result without cpuset.  m-1 cores
> can be utilized (not m?).

The maximum SCHED_DEADLINE utilization should be 95% of m (unless you
changed the values in /proc/sys/kernel/sched_rt_{runtime,period}_us).

> But with cpuset, the total utilization of accepted sched_deadline
> tasks seems not respecting the cpuset and changes every run.  For
> example, if cpuset contains 4 cores, I can have task sets (bound to
> this cpuset) utilizing 400%, 600%, or 300% before failing to add
> another task. It could be my program's issue. I'm still looking into
> it.

If you get this result, I suspect you found a bug... Can you provide a
simple testcase for reproducing int?

Luca