CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED on RT

Hi,

i just wanted to have a look at RT_GROUP_SCHED as a way to prevent
crashing real-time applications from starving other rt application, in
the case of prio based scheduling.
I had to find out that the feature is not compatible with PREEMPT_RT
and quickly traced it down to the following commit:

"sched: Disable CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED on RT"

https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulg/3.4-rt-patches/+/1b19454df58db731fa9ca09b34909d28d4eef968/patches/0133-sched-Disable-CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED-on-RT.patch

My current theory is that there never was a problem with the two not
being compatible ... it was more likely a broken userland, more
specific a broken cgroups setup.
Further my theory is, if you set cgroups up correctly both featues can
most likely be combined without a problem ...
But maybe i am totally wrong and there are some reasons, in that case
the commit should be a little more verbose. And i would be happy to
hear about it.

On newer systems ... systemd is the reason ... fits the "works in ssh
but not in rc.local"

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/MyServiceCantGetRealtime/

> Note that this all only applies to services.

On older systems it might have been libcgroup/cgconfig like explained
here:
https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/Cgroups
http://jackaudio.org/faq/linux_group_sched.html

regards,