Re: Cautionary tale: how to kill an SDCard with one simple command

On Saturday 21 July 2018 16:44:43 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Saturday 21 July 2018 15:37:24 Alan Corey wrote:
> > Error 2 is file not found, at least in C.  Don't know what it's
> > looking for.
>
> userspace.api the named string in a previous not show stopper failure,
> it is a directory and contains:
> conf.py  index.rst  no_new_privs.rst  seccomp_filter.rst  unshare.rst
>
> Might be a typu in the makefile. Next check at least. But didn't get
> that far, hit conf.py first, & cat conf.py shows---
> conf.py:
> # -*- coding: utf-8; mode: python -*-
>
> project = "The Linux kernel user-space API guide"
>
> tags.add("subproject")
>
> latex_documents = [
>     ('index', 'userspace-api.tex', project,
>      'The kernel development community', 'manual'),
> ]
>
> and userspace-api.tex does not exist.

Yes it does exist, in the Documentation/output/latex directory, where
there is a .log file also, which declares that iftex.sty is not found.
Now, I've had to expand on build-essential by at least 250 more packages
installed to get this far, so I have to assume I'm still short a tex or
latex file.

Does any body have a clue what I am missing yet?  I know its a
bookkeeping headache for you folks working on this to keep track of all
the build tools, but a list of those tools would be a huge help to
someone who hasn't built a kernel in several years.  Or does it exist
and I'm too blind to see it?

Thanks everybody.

Later, I noticed a *.log file for those that did show the error, and
sorted most of it with another 300 megs or so worth of packages I had to
install apt-file to find. Still some errors causing loss of highlighting
etc though.

But networking.log still says pdftex is not available so it fails.
quote:
)) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/iftex/iftex.sty
Package: iftex 2013/04/04 v0.2 Provides if(tex) conditional for PDFTeX,
XeTeX,
and LuaTeX
) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/cmap/cmap.sty
Package: cmap 2008/03/06 v1.0h CMap support: searchable PDF

Package cmap Warning: pdftex not detected - exiting.

I did install it.  Its found and used elsewhere in the docs build.
this finds it:
$> sudo apt-file find pdftex|grep pdftex|wc -l
262 times, so which is the correct package/version?

So I'm stuck. Faint, rusty with age like me, voice in the wilderness
yelling help!

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)