tty latency and RT

Hello,

are there any plans to improve the latency with serial ttys and RT?

I'm seeing very high latencies (up to 100 ms) when a high priority
RT thread accesses a serial tty port. I'm working with 4.14.52-rt34
on a ARM system.

The reason for this issue seems to be that a kworker thread with a
normal priority is involved here. When the high priority RT
thread needs to wait for this kworker thread, it can easily be blocked
by other lower priority RT threads running in the system.

I have seen that Steven Walter proposed some change in 2015, where
this kworker thread in replaced by a kthread with a RT priority if
the low_latency mode is selected.
See: https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-serial/msg17782.html

The follow-up discussion in this thread also proposes a solution that
allows low_latency ports to directly execute the worker.
As interrupts are already threaded in PREEMPT_RT, wouldn't that be a
solution?

Please excuse me if I got something wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Andre