Re: [ANNOUNCE] v4.14.12-rt10

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:41:07 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>I think I did not strip it to what the rock64 needed, so theres no
>doubt a bunch of gingerbread it will never use.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ grep -A19 "make localmodconfig" /usr/lib/modules/4.14.12-rt10-1-rt/build/Documentation/admin-guide/README.rst
     "make localmodconfig" Create a config based on current config and
                           loaded modules (lsmod). Disables any module
                           option that is not needed for the loaded modules.

                           To create a localmodconfig for another machine,
                           store the lsmod of that machine into a file
                           and pass it in as a LSMOD parameter.

                   target$ lsmod > /tmp/mylsmod
                   target$ scp /tmp/mylsmod host:/tmp

                   host$ make LSMOD=/tmp/mylsmod localmodconfig

                           The above also works when cross compiling.

     "make localyesconfig" Similar to localmodconfig, except it will convert
                           all module options to built in (=y) options.

   You can find more information on using the Linux kernel config tools
   in Documentation/kbuild/kconfig.txt.