Re: [ANNOUNCE] Linux 4.4.15-cip15-rt10

On 2018-01-09 21:31:34 [+0000], Hindman, Gavin wrote:
> Sorry for the top-post.  Seems like maybe we are causing confusion by regularly announcing CIP releases on rt-users.  Wouldn't anyone interested in CIP already be subscribed to that mailing list and getting announcements that way?   Maybe it just needs a clearer header, if we think it should stay on rt-users?

I think the announcement was just fine. Now I do know what it does and
what will happen after Greg decides to put 4.4 EOL.

A pointer to [0] as part of the announcement might be help full. In the
end I think it should remain on rt-users since Steven won't continue
doing 4.4 stable. So Daniel's 4.4-RT on top of the CIP tree will be the
only source of a maintained 4.4-RT tree.

[0] wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/cipkernelmaintenance

> Maybe a "related projects" section should be created at https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/realtime/preempt_rt_versions ?

So what do have in mind? Moving v4.4-RT over to the "No longer
maintained PREEMPT_RT versions" section and adding a new one with
"related projects" where we add the 4.4-cip-rt tree?
Daniel: you have the release currently in a git tree within his "user"
namespace and did not upload it to k.o. Do you plan upload it to the
stable-rt tree like Julia does and upload it to the "projects/rt/4.4"
folder on k.o.? If so we might just add a link to the cip wiki next to
4.4 and be done with it.
Other suggestions?

> -gavin

Sebastian