Re: replacement of tasklet_hrtimer_init in RT

Hi Chris,

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 11:33:46AM -0500, Chris Caudle wrote:
> I recently began helping someone test a new multimedia driver (network
> audio) and found that the driver would not compile on my machine running
> an RT kernel because the driver used tasklet_hrtimer_init(), but that
> function is not defined in interrupt.h in the RT  patched kernel.

/me eyes include/linux/interupt.h and kernel/softirq.c and finds
tasklet_hrtimer_init().

It is marked EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL() though, so if you do not export the
modules as GPL, it won't resolve that symbol.

If this is not the case, please provide which kernel-version and PREEMPT-RT
patch version you are using. A .config would probably also be helpful.

> What should be used in place of that, and where should be look for
> documentation describing any differences that need to be accomodated?

Using tasklets is somewhat frowned upon -have you tried using a
kernelthread instead? (You can adjust priority and set affinity for
threads)

-Henrik