Re: [ANNOUNCE] v4.11.12-rt15

On Thursday 12 October 2017 00:42:08 Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 15:16:35 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-rt-devel.git
> >v4.11.12-rt15
> >
> >does not exist.
>
> Hi Gene,
>
> I'll download and build from
>
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.11.tar.xz
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.11.tar.sign
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/patch-4.11.12.xz
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/patch-4.11.12.sign
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.11/older/patch-4
>.11.12-rt15.patch.xz
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.11/older/patch-4
>.11.12-rt15.patch.sign
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

All links worked.

Full rt-preempt build underway, _on_ the rock64. Thanks Ralf. Est 2 hours
for kernel. I note this "make help" is much more "helpfull".  Last time
thru I didn't understand that making the dtsb's was a separate step, so
of course the make install wasn't complete and the reboot was to the
older kernel. I might even copy all this to the pi3b, but I expect a
build on it will take most of a day.  They use a /boot/config.txt to
control which of several installed kernels to boot. I'm not 100% sure I
have the rock64's boot selection mechanism understood yet.

Question you might know about: These logitech "unifying" keyboard/mouse
buttons for wireless keyboards & mice, does one button handle both
keyboard and mouse if dmesg reports it as unifying? I am wondering if
that might be my missed events problem on the pi, which is driving my
attempts to bring up the much faster rock64 as an lcnc controller.

This is something I've not seen discussed on any of the lists I'm subbed
to.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)