Re: RT and tty communication

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.

In my RT application, running currently at kernel 4.9.13-rt12, a high priority
thread communicates with a tty serial port. This thread is checking for incoming
characters with a non-blocking read() call. The execution time of this read()
call is normally within some hundreds of microseconds. In case some lower
priority thread/process accesses some other tty, e.g. for console output,
the non-blocking read() execution time within the high priority task rises to
hundreds of milliseconds.

After reverting the OpenSSH patch that Niels Kolthoff mentioned, I do no longer
see these big delays inside the non-blocking read(). However, now the high
priority task does not receive any characters from the tty serial port during
these long periods. The non-blocking read() returns -1, although there
must be characters available. This leads to timeouts in my application.
So just reverting this patch is no workaround for me.

Any ideas how to solve this issue are very welcome.

Regards,
Andre