talking points

Hi,

In a week or so I'll be giving a talk at a local conference entitled:
"Introducing Linux to your Embedded Company". It'll be a talk aimed at
engineers to give them tips on how to introduce Linux at work. Some of
the main topics will include: legal information, advice on building and
cross-development, advocacy, what to expect, and I plan on having a
discussion about PREEMPT_RT (since most embedded companies are obsessed
with "real-time").

With respect to PREEMPT_RT I plan to discuss:
- the history of PREEMPT_RT (the -rt patch)
- tips for user-space apps
- strongly convey that "real-time" doesn't mean "fast"

Any thoughts (on general items to discuss but especially with respect to
real-time)?

Best regards,
    Trevor