Re: debian RT kernel

> On Tue, 2015-05-19 at 11:56 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 May 2015 22:13:40 +0200
>> Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > We quite recently had RT in debian easily accessible for all users
>> > what I personally consider to be great achievement.
>> > But because RT development interruption we don't have fresh RT kernels anymore.
>> >
>> > Pengutronix provided debian packages of RT kernels before.
>> > Is there any place where to get debian packages of RT kernels?
>> >

>> I believe Ben is the one that maintains the RT kernels in Debian.

I know that Ben is doing great work in maintaining debian kernels.

> I built kernel packages with the RT patch set whenever it was available
> for the upstream version we were using for standard kernel packages.

> Unfortunately there is no patch set for Linux 3.16 as used in Debian 8
> 'jessie' or for Linux 4.0 which is currently in unstable.

I also know that there are not currently patches against 4.0 kernel
which is in debian "sid"
Would be great if Ben's work and work of rt-kernel developers could be
synced again as it was before 3.16

Do you (rt devs) plan make patches again for latest kernels as you
have done before?

> Older versions are available from
> <http://snapshot.debian.org/package/linux/> but they will have known
> security issues.

I am still using linux-image-3.14-2-amd64 which is already bit
outdated ... I am having some issues to boot it on my debian "testing"
machine.

best regards

mira