Re: Operation not permitted / pthread_setschedparam

Thomas Gleixner schrieb:
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2014, Armin Steinhoff wrote:
>> 8. And your second suspicion is that the ps utility is broken.
>>    The question about the operation of "ps" was just a formal one .. sorry.
> Well, I'd say it's not formal. Let me cite from your previous mail:

> Did you ever try to invoke:
>
> # man ps
>
> and try to figure out what the PRI field actually means? Definitely
> not.
>
> My version of "man ps" tells me:
>
>        pri         PRI       priority of the process.  Higher number means
>                              lower priority.

 I have two version of the "man ps" ... the statement of man page 1p
isn't applicable for SCHED_FIFO/SCHED_RR because 99 is right here  the
highest prio for the scheduling.

Sorry for not bothering about the confusing handling of priorities
within LINUX ...

--Armin