CLOCK_REALTIME instead of CLOCK_MONOTONIC for PTP coupled RT_PREEMPT systems?

Hi all,

as far as I know is the standard recommendation to use the clock CLOCK_MONOTONIC with e.g. clock_gettime and clock_nanosleep for real time usage.
I have now the requirement that a couple of (x86) PCs are coupled and synchronized using PTP (linuxptp Project).
The idea of this coupling is that all PCs have always the same (absolute) time stamp (with the PTP accuracy). For this I have to use the clock CLOCK_REALTIME
instead of CLOCK_MONOTONIC.
What speaks against using CLOCK_REALTIME for the real time application?
Are there any drawbacks?
With our application I can ensure that no manually set of the time occurs.

Thanks for any feedback on this question.

Mathias